Elaine and the Animals of Shiloh

Elaine and the Animals of Shiloh

Friday, November 25, 2011

A Year Ago



My first horse Granite passed away a year ago this month. I finally finished a shadow box that I created in memory of him. It still makes me sad when I think of this wonderful horse, who taught me so much and I loved so dearly.

I have not forgotten this kind old soul that came into my life at just the right time. I believe we had a very special bond and I will never forget him. I am happy to say although I think of Granite often, I have a new horse, Willie. Willie and I have been together now since April 17, 2011 and he is quite a character. Willie brings a smile to my face when I see him and we are a perfect match. I am very happy to have Willie and I think he is happy to have found me.

I have had a writers block, but I think its over and I will start writing stories about my new adventures with Willie, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you really miss Granite. Willie is lucky to have you!! I can't wait to hear about all of your new adventures with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost one of my horses two years ago in a stupid paddock accident. I found her the next morning. I think a shadow box is a wonderful idea. I have a blog dedicated to her and I think about her every day.

    ReplyDelete