Elaine and the Animals of Shiloh

Elaine and the Animals of Shiloh

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lessons and Gene

I introduced Granite to Gene, today.
Gene is the long distance rider I discussed in my earlier blog. I think he is wise and kind, with a good take on life.
I knocked on his wagon door... well, I didn't physically knock (how do you knock on a wagon?), but I approached him with Granite and said, "Knock, knock, knock! I have someone I would like you to meet."
Gene was resting after completing his morning chores, but I think he was happy for the visit. I introduced him to Granite and he said that Granite was a great horse and we agreed he was a flea bitten roan, not a gray...who cares what the book says. We chatted for a while and I proudly showed off my friend.
I think Granite liked Gene, too. Even Miss Lady Bug checked out my magnificent steed.

Gene's mules had taken quite an interest in Granite earlier, when I was taking him for a walk, and they really perked up when my handsome guy came by again.

I like Gene. He's an interesting guy. I commented that he was walking around in his bare feet, because he had been relaxing when I arrived and didn't take the time to put on his shoes for our visit. He replied me, "I came into this life barefoot and wet." I like it when people come up with little quotes like that.

Anyway, thanks to Granite and the animals at Shiloh. I appreciate life a little more and understand death a little better because of you. My new favorite saying is: Live your life. Don't ever let it pass you by. Live without regrets. Do your best and, if you make a mistake learn from it. If you hurt someone, say you're sorry. And you'd better be patient...or you're in for a long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment